Thursday, December 1, 2011

Colossians 3:16

December 1, 2011

“Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom, teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.”

I feel like this goes back to what Pastor Don was teaching about the heart of David and the fact that he realized there was absolutely nothing he could do as an individual to fight Goliath.  We need to move aside and let the words of Christ flow freely through us.  We are essentially worthless for the kingdom of heaven if we cannot move aside and empty ourselves of us and be filled with the Holy Spirit.  In order to be effective in what we do, we have to have our whole lives centered upon Christ.  The wholly submitted life can be used in unfathomable ways by God.  In all walks of our lives we need to allow the words of Christ just flow through us and He will give us the words to teach, comfort, and counsel.
In applying this I will pray that the Lord will continue to weed out areas in my life that are hindering me from being used to my full potential.

1 comment:

  1. Empty me!...I want more of Jesus and less of me.
    Thanks for the reminder, Brother Alex.

    ReplyDelete