Friday, November 18, 2011

Acts 1:8

November 18, 2011

“But you shall receive power when the Hole Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”

This is such a big ideal that seems to always be forgotten.  In the church today there is not a big emphasis put on missions, however; when there is emphasis it seems as though it is put on foreign missions and every one forgets the missions’ field that is right outside the doors of the church.  Jesus even says to the apostles to start where they are in preaching the gospel and work their way out amongst the world.  Why should the modern church be any different?  I believe that a bigger priority should be put on reaching the lost that are right outside your front door.  I do believe people are called to full time foreign missions’, but I just don’t see the importance put on domestic mission that it deserves…everyone should hear the good news.
In applying this I will never forget that anywhere I go is my missions’ field and someone doesn’t have to be going to a foreign country to make an impact.

No comments:

Post a Comment